With the specific donation for the Children/Teen/Creation Station areas, VNWC is now a “Heart of the Community” highest level donor to the new William H. Jervey, Jr., Venice Public Library via the Friends of the Venice Public Library. Our founders would like that. Our Legacy continues…
Updated By Laws passed in Compliance with Florida Corporate Laws & governed by, the Non-Profit Corporation Act of Florida Chapter 617 and the Articles of Incorporation of Venice-Nokomis Woman's Club, Inc. Updated, presented by our Governance Committee comprised of Jean Trammel, Aimee Holmes and Debra Wright.
Inducted 14 new members for a total membership of 105
Instituted the first member introductory meeting and summer social gatherings for all members
Summer Scan Project Completed - all stored Club documents have finally been scanned and will be updated annually. This was a huge undertaking that took a half of the summer to accomplish. Previously, the Venice Museum and Archives accepted our early records/ items that are not included in this scan.
Monthly Bulletin was established in September 2017 to keep members continually informed.
Planned programs were presented highlighting our motto.
- Venice Art Center Family Fun Day
- Christmas in July
- Habitat for Humanity Women Build
- Venice Holiday Parade
- VABI Tree Lighting
- Summit Christmas decorations in lobby
- Salvation Army Angel Tree Program
- Senior Outreach Program
- TWIG team established
- Social Gatherings to support Merchants who have donated to us
CIVIC AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS IN 2017
- $6000 Scholarships
- $1000 Child Protection Center, Inc
- $1000 iTN SunCoast, Inc.
- $1000 Laurel Civic Association, Inc
- $1000 Safe Place and Rape Crisis Center
- $1000 Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches, Inc.
- $500 All Faiths Food Bank
- $500 Venice Chorale, Inc.
- $500 Venice Symphony, Inc.
Grand Total: $12,500
CIVIC AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS IN 2018
- $8000 (four $2000) College Scholarships
- $3000 (three $1000) Technical/Vocational Scholarships
- $1000 Venice Theater (summer camps)
- $1000 Venice Chorale (summer camps)
- $1000 Venice Symphony (summer camps)
- $1000 YMCA (summer camps)
- $1000 Everyday Blessing
- $1000 TWIG
Grand Total: $17,000