WELCOME

WELCOME

Founded in 1926, we are one of the oldest non-profit civic organizations in the State of Florida.
JOIN NOW MEMBERS' PAGE

ABOUT US

The Venice-Nokomis Woman’s Club, one of the oldest not-for-profit civic organizations in the State of Florida, was founded in 1926 by Louella Albee. An early initative was to establish a public library for residents of Venice, Nokomis, Osprey and Englewood.

September Meeting Highlights

Left to right: Kathy Price, Programs & Hospitality; Phil Ellis, speaker; Joan Brinton, First Vice President/ Membership; Laura Jo, Fundraising & Special Events. Phil Ellis, a member of Venice Area Beautification Inc.  ( VABI), presented a video of VABI by Greg Vine with an explanation of Venice’s Urban Forest. VABI …

2022 Legacy Award

On May 10, 2022, members of the Venice Nokomis Woman’s Club received the Legacy Award on behalf of the foundress, Louella Albee presented by the Mayor of the City of Venice, and the Venice Historic Preservation Board. Mrs. Albee founded the VNWC in 1926 and the Club is gearing towards …

April 2022 Meeting Highlights

Left to right: Vicki Hazle, Secretary,  Laura Jo, Fundraising and Special Events Director, and Liz Mazzu, President, being inducted into their respective positions by Lorraine Finizio, Director at Large on the right at the April general membership meeting.   Missing from photo is Joani Leeds, First Vice President/ Membership. Activities Directors- …

An Exciting March Meeting

Chalk Festival Founder & Chair, Denise Kowal spoke at the March 10, 2022 general membership meeting. Left to right: Kathy Price- Second Vice President, Liz Mazzu- President, Denise Kowal-speaker, Laura Hester- First Vice President. Kathy Moller- Treasurer selling 50/50 raffle tickets at the March 10, 2022 general membership meeting. Members …

VENICE MUSEUM & ARCHIVES VNWC EXHIBIT

“These panels are from the Venice Museum & Archives’ exhibit entitled the Venice-Nokomis Woman’s Club: Over 90 Years Serving the Community that ran from March to July 2018.”  LEARN MORE ABOUT THE MUSEUM

Back to Top