VNWC participated once again in Habitat for Humanity Women Build in October.
About Habitat for Humanity Women Build
Since 1991, Women Build volunteers from all walks of life have come together to build stronger, safer communities. Though our neighborhoods are comprised largely of women and children, they are also the population’s most likely to be affected by poor living conditions. Our Women Build events provide the opportunity for women to take a proactive step in serving their communities.
Women Build opportunities are available across the U.S., and any woman who wants to learn how to build and construct a home is invited to join us. No experience is necessary. Volunteers work under the guidance of construction professionals, and also alongside other volunteers and future Habitat homeowners. Whether you are learning new skills or simply adding a few to your tool belt, this is a rewarding experience for all involved, and improves the community that you share.
There are several ways you can get involved
- Learn new construction skills needed to effectively contribute to Habitat’s mission.
- Build or renovate houses at a Women Build event.
- Join other community volunteers and homeowners to build strength and stability through shelter.
- Search for your local Habitat to find out if a Women Build is occurring near you.
- Learn about Women Build's international work.
- Join an international Women Build trip with Global Village.
- Organize a Women Build event through your campus chapter. Contact us to learn more.
- Donate to Women Build.